Sunday, October 7, 2012

Back at it again!

After more than two weeks off, I went for a run last night. I was worried about my shins, nervous if they had healed or if I'd be re-injuring them all over again. I was supposed to start out slow. That seems to be the hardest part for me. I get too excited and feel good when I start that I usually wind up over doing it in the beginning. I think I held back some, but maybe not enough. Either way, the run felt great and my shins didn't kill me.

I could tell that I'd lost all my cardio fitness I had gained previously. My lungs ached and wheezed. It doesn't help that someone was burning leaves in the neighborhood and I had to deal with smoke in the air about halfway through my run.

It felt good to be out running again. Getting exercise. My legs finally feeling better. Working my body towards a goal. I was back at it again. Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Braaaaains!