Monday, September 10, 2012

Still Kickin' It

My self-control is weak. WEEEEEAAK...! I couldn't stand not getting out there. So, I did. I was good. Sorta. I only did a fast-paced walk instead of running. Kept myself in check and just tried for a nice even pace.

After dropping one kid off at preschool, I took the other to the park and walked the loop around the lake. It was good. The temperature has finally dropped around here and the humidity is almost non-existent. Almost like we don't live in NC. Almost.

My shins only hurt marginally. More sore and stiff than anything. A good stretch when I was done really loosened things up and they felt better. I am icing them as I type and still doing an ibuprofen regimen. I felt great getting out there, working up a little sweat and doing something rather than nothing.

My gut tells me that this is the right approach for me. That full rest would just eliminate all the cardio (albeit limited at this early point) fitness I've gained. I feel good and that's the most important thing to me right now. Besides, I'm not about to let my running partner out distance me. Not this early in the game!

1 comment:

  1. Contrary to what many people will tell you, you can work through an injury. Keep RICE in mind and, IMO the most important element - listen to what your body is telling you.

    ReplyDelete

Braaaaains!